Ministry Across the Church
By The Rev. Mary Vano | February 28, 2014
One of the great things about being an Episcopalian is that we choose to exist within a network of Christians locally, nationally, and around the world who seek to be faithful to God and to carry out Christ’s mission wherever we are.
Members of St. Margaret’s are engaged in this mission not just within our own community, but throughout the Church.
In February’s Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Arkansas, Rod Toulson, Jay Bruno, and Hayden Blair attended to represent St. Margaret’s. Elections and appointments were made in that meeting, and we can see that St. Margaret’s is very involved in the wider church:
- Hayden Blair and Jay Bruno are now serving on the Board for Camp Mitchell. Chad Cumming, Jr. just completed is term as the chair of that board.
- Jay Bruno and Tracy Roberts are serving on the Cursillo Secretariat.
- Dan Blair and Scott Smith are on the Commission on Church Architecture and Allied Arts.
- Christie Beck, Diane Hobson, Dan Blair, Charlotte Brown, and the Rev. Susan Sims Smith serve on the Board of the Arkansas House of Prayer.
- The Rev. Mary Vano is on the Commission on Ministry.
- Thomas Alexander is on the planning committee for the Episcopal Youth Event 2014.
- Mary Vano and Thomas Alexander were elected to serve as Deputies from Arkansas to the General Convention of the Episcopal Church in July 2015.
Read more Celebrations:
Let's Pray 2014