10 Questions with Millie Lockwood
March 4, 2017
We are beginning a series of regular interviews with members of our congregation. Taking a cue from Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton we are asking 10 questions that will help us learn about and from one another. Our guest this month is Millie Lockwood, a Sunday school teacher and active member.
1. What is your favorite word and why?
My favorite word is Popocatépetl, the volcano in Mexico. I spent a year near there during college. It soars high above the other mountains and is so beautiful. Plus it's fun to say!
2. What is your least favorite word and why?
My least favorite word is blog. It sounds so blah.
3. What makes you alive?
Being outdoors in beautiful nature. Also cooking with family and friends.
4. What gets in your way?
Worry and lack of sleep.
5. What is your favorite hymn or spiritual song?
Dona nobis pacem, sung with all parts.
6. What helps you experience God?
Meditation, friends, family and being in church.
7. What makes it hard for you to experience God?
Being tired and overwhelmed.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I would like to try being a chaplain.
9. What is your favorite book or movie?
My favorite movie is Dead Man Walking. I love lots of books and movies!
10. Where do you see God's kingdom coming into the world?
I see God's kingdom wherever love is present. And there's a lot of love in this world.